Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 95 Trail Boss 2 wheel drive that I plow with. Last year it was working fine and then halfway through winter it seemed like it lost power. It seems like now I have to get a running start to push snow and before it had no problems pushing snow. It just feels like it has no torque. I have replaced the spark plug, put in fresh gas, adjusted the throttle cable. In a previous post I was having issues with it cutting out and another member suggested adjusting the cable which did stop the cutting out. I just wanted to add that in there. I also took it for a ride the other day and it ran fine throughout the rpm range. When I do push a lot of snow from a dead start it will move it a little and then just sit there and not move. The motor doesn't rev up like the belt is slipping either. Let me know if you have any suggestions or need further information? Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Did you check compression? Low compression=low/no torque

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the compression today and it is around 90-95 psi. I saw somewhere else on the forum that it should be 120 psi. It starts and runs but no torque when plowing. It looks like a rebuild is due unless someone else thinks otherwise? Let me know what everyone thinks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts