Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
11,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just brought me a 96 500 sportsman with carb and airbox removed...got carb clean and mounted but can't figure out lines.
what line goes to airbox fitting and which line goes where from pump to carb?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
151 Posts
ill look tomm if you dont get it figured out by then, i have a 96 500 also

·
11,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks firedude, I don't have enough hoses for all the fittings available so need to figure what others I need and where the go.
there's 2 vent lines that connect together and go into hole in frame from top rear of carb
1 line from oil tank to crankcase (I think?)
1 line from fuel pump to carb bowl on clutch side (I think?)
and "on" and "res" to bottom of tank
still don't know how/where line to air box comes from or goes and fitting on front pull rope side of carb??

any help or pic would sure be appreciated

thanks again for any input

·
Registered
151 Posts
ok, you have 2 lines from carb to pump, on the r/s goes to bottom of pump, the one on l/s (filter) goes to center of pump, and the other on the pump comes from the res/on valve.
on carb itself, the bottom is a bowl drain, the top 2 are the teed vent lines . i hope this helps, i did take pics i can email u if you send me your email.

·
11,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a bunch...got it going late last night and runs like a charm. The one out of the airbox had me stumped. It runs from top of oil tank around front of machine and had been tucked down by frame where I couldn't see it..LOL I didn't have enough lines to go to all the fittings and it was driving me nuts.

Ride hard and keep'er between the ditches!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts