Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm the guy with the magnum whose trying to change the needle valve so I'll quit draining the tank because of the dripping fuel. I know there's supposed to be a single screw holding the seat in but there's two screws holding a plate over the edge of the seat. And I CAN'T get the screws out! What are my chances of success if I just change the needle valve and not the seat? That might be my last option. Hope you can help. Gary

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Hi guys. I'm the guy with the magnum whose trying to change the needle valve so I'll quit draining the tank because of the dripping fuel. I know there's supposed to be a single screw holding the seat in but there's two screws holding a plate over the edge of the seat. And I CAN'T get the screws out! What are my chances of success if I just change the needle valve and not the seat? That might be my last option. Hope you can help. Gary
You have a few options: Just change the needle. Using a hard handle short #2 phillips screwdriver tap it lightly with a hammer. Or use a heat gun and heat carb in the area the screws are in. Use caution so that you don't cause a fire. Use needle nose vise grips on the head of the screw. Last use a small chizel and tap the screw clockwise to get it out. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome guys! Thanks so much. I finally got it out! The screen seems clean and in good condition. Now, one more and I hope the last question for a while! What is the appropriate way to remove the screen and o ring so I can put it on the new seat?

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Awesome guys! Thanks so much. I finally got it out! The screen seems clean and in good condition. Now, one more and I hope the last question for a while! What is the appropriate way to remove the screen and o ring so I can put it on the new seat?
Maybe a small screw driver or pliers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Got it. Have the new seat in and the float pin started through the first post. This may sound stupid but do I have to try and fit the needle valve in while in the process of putting the pin in? Or is there room to get it on and in place after putting the float on.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Thanks. Got it. Have the new seat in and the float pin started through the first post. This may sound stupid but do I have to try and fit the needle valve in while in the process of putting the pin in? Or is there room to get it on and in place after putting the float on.
Put the needle on the float before putting pin in. Then line the holes up for the pin then push the pin thru.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
You are welcome. Glad to help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts