Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First timer on this forum. I have been looking for 86p 15w silent chain for my 96 polaris for over a year. Hope some one can help, still crazy about my old bike. Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
11,301 Posts
What machine is it on?
I assumed he was asking about a Sportsman since that is the size chain it uses and they are no longer available from normal vendors. That's why I posted the link since they will make custom silent chains although the cost might cause him sticker shock.
He'd probably be better off just trying to find a used tranny.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
96 Sportsman silent chain

Thanks guys. I have talked to crown industrial,could not help me. Talked to Renord chain co. who made that chain for polaris, want me to ship my old chain to them. Going to try Marshall dist. Monday. My son told me a post on a web site that there is a chain for a snow mobile that is a match, but can not get any more info on that. Not ready to give up yet. I will start looking at 97 to 99 trans they have different chains I can still buy. Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Silent chain problem

Thanks guys. I have talked to crown industrial,could not help me. Talked to Renord chain co. who made that chain for polaris, want me to ship my old chain to them. Going to try Marshall dist. Monday. My son told me a post on a web site that there is a chain for a snow mobile that is a match, but can not get any more info on that. Not ready to give up yet. I will start looking at 97 to 99 trans they have different chains I can still buy. Thanks again
I am new to this site but joined to help out.
I too had this problem with my 96.
I searched for ever and everywhere.
I finally found success. You wont believe where. Arctic Cat makes the same chain for a few of their snowmobiles. I bought one and it is a perfect match 86P 15W. Part number is 2602-710 Cost in the States is around a $100. Here in Canada $150. My old ATV is up and running again. I also replaced the shorter silent chain in my tranny also. Both were quite stretched.
Hope this helps!
Polaris 10:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts