Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to notice I could use a bit of an upgrade in the power department. . I'm 6'7" / 300 lbs and been told I need to get a bigger atv for my size. But for right now, $$$$ is going to say this one is going to have to work for now.

So, w/out googling everywhere trying to fish through all the parts, can you guys tell me what I need to purchase/do to get as much power out of this atv as possible w/out making it some type of full out drag machine. I want it to simply pull me up hills and such without bogging down as bad as it does now. On flat it goes awesome, but if I get one any kind of hillside or something, this thing does not like to pull out with me. I can throw the wife on it and itll haul ass anywhere she pleases so I didnt figure there was anything wrong with it. Just needs some more power for me.

I'm kinda new to all this so, if there's some simple stuff out there I should have already done, forgive me, I'm kinda in the dark here on upgrading the power.

Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
As big as you are,you definately need an 800 or 850XP,but I understand the $$$ situation and no mods are cheap by any means.I would try to find an exhaust system(slip on),that will probably give you the best power increase without doing a engine overhaul.A clutch kit will also help transfer a little more power to the ground and possibly an aftermarket cdi(rev limiter) to get more rpm's.DirtyDawgDale might be able to hook you up with a clutch kit.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I-rod, That machine you have is an awesome machine and can be set up to run with the bigger machines. Some clutching and filters will help your machine out a lot. If you have any questions you can email me or call 651-340-1129.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts