1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 96 that I purchased new. It will not have the power or get up and go that newer machines have, but for what we use it for it does the job. It is lighter than my Sportsman 500, one person can slide the rear end around if needed.
The only issues I had with mine are I had to replace the coolant temp sensor, replace the fuel shut off valve, and have the carb cleaned out. Do not run it without a battery, I did that once and blew out all the indicator bulbs.
As with everything your results will depend on how well the previous owner(s) took care of it, however I can say that I am happy with mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys the coolant temp sensor works the cooling fan doesn't it,i have to get a few parts a fuel shut off valve, the hose connector on bottom of fuel tank, coolant temp sensor if any ideas please let me know thanks,matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
97 Polaris 425 Magnum

Just bought a 97 425 Magnum & it's running great. The only problem is the steering, seems very hard to steer. But I just love the bike! Anyone knows what causing the steering to be difficult? I already lubricate both the top & bottom grease fitting for the steering column.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought A 1997 magnum 425 earlier this year. Was my first ATV. it was very difficult to steer and pulled hard to the right. It wore me out to drive in a straight line. Found the left front awd hub was dry and bound up. Was dry because of a bad seal. Replaced the seal, cleaned up and changed hub fluid a couple of times. Steers and handles great now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts