Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was up people just wondering if anybody knows of any lift kits 4 my ride and i also would like to know what is the biggest size tire i can put on with out any problems thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
Not sure about a lift kit.I dont think I have ever seen a Scrambler with a lift kit.But you "should" be able to go at least 1 or 2 sizes bigger if you can find them for 10" rims.You might need to find 12" rims for it.The bad thing about bigger tires is the power loss and it will be a little harder to steer.You may not notice much loss with 1 size bigger but more than that will definately be noticeable.You will have to do a few mods(exhaust,jet,cdi,clutch kit,cogs or whatever)to get the power back and it may be rough on bearings and bushings if you go too big.

·
Registered
8 Posts
99' different tire sizes= hard to find tires ???

Related question folks: I have a 99' Explorer 4x4 with 23" front tires and 24" rear tires.
I'd like to run Interco Swamp lite rear tires that are 25" tall...... that means I need 24" front tires to keep the 4x4 gearing the same & not binding, right? Anyone know of a 24x7 or 24x8 tire for the 10 inch rims? Or... Are there stock size tires that are more aggressive for A: Snow plowing & B: trails.
- Ghayduke, Newbie

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
if fender clearance allows it . 25" would be the way to go. i would think you would be able to sprocket (gearing) your way down so that both the front and rear spin the same speed. if you've got a buddy that has 25's that will bolt up to yours(one front ,one rear ) and set it up on stands then start doing some math.

·
Banned
2 Posts
No secret I am a fan of standards and adventure bikes...naturally I like the Scrambler but have never ridden one.

1- Does the pipe get too hot on you right leg?
2- Seat height? Top heavy?
3- Does it have any touring potential?

·
Registered
1 Posts
was up people just wondering if anybody knows of any lift kits 4 my ride and i also would like to know what is the biggest size tire i can put on with out any problems thanks
I have a sportsman 400 2 stroke 4x4 which is like the scramblers suspension O am trying to find a lift kit as well or input on how to lift it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts