Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and have been checking out the threads here, some good stuff. I have a 97 Sportsman 500 that was wrecked by my brother and the axle popped out of the front joint where there is the CV Boot. It looks like everything is fine and that I just need to replace the boot.

My question is, how the heck do you get the axle back into the joint when it has an internal clip that is down inside the joint? I have searched everywhere I can think of to figure it out and I can't find anything and I am clearly missing something, anybody out there know how to go about this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help Polman, that was as easy as it comes, that may be the boner question of the year.

·
8,882 Posts
Nah, that was a valid question. There are some CV's that go together differently. That's what this forum is for is to share info. The only boner question is the one you don't ask and then mess something up by trying to do it wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point. Thanks again, I'm glad I found this forum as the amount of information and knowledge is awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts