Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased one of these for the fiance to ride with me, she does not like standard quads, i didnt think I would like this thing much either until I started driving it, anyway here's my question.

I've searched, but looking for a definate yes or no answer to these questions.

1) What is the failure rate of the oil injection pumps? This bike runs great, I'd like to keep it that way, its not going to be raced or rode hard day in and day out. I have no problem with converting it to premix, but I dont like to fix what isnt broken.

2) I have bottles and bottles of OMC TWC3 2 stoke oil I run in all of my boats. I have been running my polaris trail boss 250 with this oil, I haven't noticed anything odd(lots of smoke/noises, hard to start) with using this oil, other than it smells like my boat when it runs. Is this bad? No one locally sells amsoil or lucas 2 stroke oil.

3) Should I run supreme gas in this thing? Also, what additive works well for cleaning(seafoam,lucas, mmo, etc) in 2 strokes?

I have been reading this forum for the past two months, lots of good info here.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
All polaris's are setup to use 87 octane, unless you've had some superduper jug work done.
You boat oil will work just fine.
Just keep an eye on the oil usage. Could check to see if the strainer filter is clean & to make sure the oil pump cable is adjusted to specs.
seafoam is fine, but whatever works for you.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All polaris's are setup to use 87 octane, unless you've had some superduper jug work done.
You boat oil will work just fine.
Just keep an eye on the oil usage. Could check to see if the strainer filter is clean & to make sure the oil pump cable is adjusted to specs.
seafoam is fine, but whatever works for you.
How do you check that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts