Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this about two weeks ago and it wasn't starting. I replaced the spark plug, ignition coil, fuel pump, fuel lines, starter and battery. I got it to start just about every time after that but it was running bad backfiring and wouldn't idle. I then was adjusting the throttle cable and the idle screw. After i shut it off it now will not start at all, not sure what happened. I tried to put the adjustments back to where I started and it didn't change a thing. It will crank but will not start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought this about two weeks ago and it wasn't starting. I replaced the spark plug, ignition coil, fuel pump, fuel lines, starter and battery. I got it to start just about every time after that but it was running bad backfiring and wouldn't idle. I then was adjusting the throttle cable and the idle screw. After i shut it off it now will not start at all, not sure what happened. I tried to put the adjustments back to where I started and it didn't change a thing. It will crank but will not start.
Also I flushed the fuel tank and added new fuel.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Put some slack in the throttle if you don't have spark - also when you check for spark, if it was running extremely rich the plug may be covered with soot and fouled - a new spark plug might get it running again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts