Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I originally bought my xpress 400 it didn't have a starter relay or batter. I bought both but now I'm confused where the wire off the starter connects to. I had it hooked up to the battery and it worked but than the voltage regulator/rectifier started to smoke and melt.

It will run fine without the battery hooked up but its not working with it hooked up. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P82A0048.jpg

This is the wire I'm talking about it comes from the circuit breaker. I've been trying to decipher it through the manual but there is a one size fits all for quite a few models and years, so it's just not making sense. Unless I'm looking at it wrong.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
From battery to selenoid, from other side of selenoid to starter, if you run it without battery it will blow all the light bulbs, sounds like you fried the voltage reg.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So on the starter side of the solenoid? It's been ran for years without the battery before I bought it so all the lights were gone. Do you by chance know what the stator should be putting off as far as voltage incase that's fried as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts