Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Scrambler 400 4x4 that I picked up for $500. The engine had been recently rebuilt and so has the transmission. The problem how ever is, the rear end bearings along with the swing arm bushings were bad causing the chain to break which in turn broke the right side gear case.

I have not been able to locate a 98 right side gear case but have found a 99 right side gear case. My question is, will the 99 gear case match up and work on my 98 transmission?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The Polaris parts catalog show them to be 2 different part numbers, look here Browse

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
12 Posts
if you can find the peice that broke just jb weld it back in thats what i did to mine and it held up fine bc theres no pressure and not much heat in there just gears throwing some oil itsalot cheaper and easier to do just make sure you dry it good

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figured I'd update the transmission status. Forgot to mention earlier that the original gear case that had broke couldn't be fixed, broke so bad that the entire side warped and had a gap about an half in along the crack all throught the case, but I did manage to find another case and have been running the trails just fine aside from a carb issue and needing to make some mud guards lol. Thanks everyone for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts