Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I acquired a a 1998 Trail Blazer from my brother's friend who got it water logged.
So here are my questions:

What should I take apart to ensure all water is removed?

Should I fog the engine with wd-40 to eliminate the water and prevent further damage?

I am going to remove the engine from the frame, as I want to clean it up real good. I don't believe it was ever given a really good wash down after being exposed to lots of mud.

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
If it had water in the engine and never properly drained ect, I would tear it right down and replace all bearings and seals. One spec of rust on a crank bearing can and will do alot of damage in a short amount of time. If it has sat for a while no amount of wd crap will help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it had water in the engine and never properly drained ect, I would tear it right down and replace all bearings and seals. One spec of rust on a crank bearing can and will do alot of damage in a short amount of time. If it has sat for a while no amount of wd crap will help.
Ok, thanks for the reply. I was planning on a full engine tear down, but its good to know what I need to replace if theres any bit of rust in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts