Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem taking the gear off of the water pump. I am not talking about the impeller gear. The actual gear has 3 holes for the puller but it does not want to come loose. I need to know if there are any bolts holding the 2 halves together under that gear. I have to replace the bearings anything I need to be careful of when replacing my bearings.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
the counterbalance gear is press on ,press off deal.if the bearing doesn't have too much play in it,i'd say reuse it,that particular bearing is kinda different and usually doesn't come with the standard bottom-end bearing kit.
You may want to mic. the new bearings and compare with the old ,you MAY need to shim for end-play. also easier if you install the crank seals last,and i mean after you have it all torqed back together and ready for the top parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,, I have rigged up a puller and applied alot of pressure and it is not poping off. I think I may need to bring it to a repair shop just to take off the gear. Now this is the gear under the waterpump fin. The other larger gear unscrewed and pulled right off.
I am talking about the gear not a bearing
Thanks,Warren

·
Registered
9 Posts
i put mine in a hydrolic press at work and pressed the gear and bearing off using a socket. both the gear and bearing are pressed on the counterbalance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts