Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's 100 PEAK volts - it's just a pulse about a millisecond in duration of about 100v - 80 to 120v or more is acceptable.

The first thing to do when spark is lost is to unplug the black wire from the CDI unit - if that restores spark, the problem is connection related - if not, then it is ignition system component related.
I already checked everything, as in the manual. White and white-red 93 ohms, black-red and red 17 ohms, grounding to the ignition coil 0.2 ohms. I disconnected the black wire. Ignition coil wire and cap 11567 ohm. Yellow and yellow-red 20-23 ohm
cdi block is new, new voltage regulator, new stator, the only thing I haven't changed is the trigger coil

·
Registered
14 Posts
I already checked everything, as in the manual. White and white-red 93 ohms, black-red and red 17 ohms, grounding to the ignition coil 0.2 ohms. I disconnected the black wire. Ignition coil wire and cap 11567 ohm. Yellow and yellow-red 20-23 ohm
cdi block is new, new voltage regulator, new stator, the only thing I haven't changed is the trigger coil
Schematic Rectangle Font Map Engineering

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Electrical wiring Wood Gas

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Car

Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Gas Audio equipment Fender

Automotive tire Tire Tread Synthetic rubber Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim Gas

Motor vehicle Hood Coil Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
15,921 Posts
Schematic Font Engineering Parallel Rectangle

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Pattern

Regulator has nothing to do with spark - neither does the front wheel drive coils or the battery charge coil - only the CDI (Capicator) charge coil, trigger coil, primary coil, CDI box, spark plug cap, spark plug and wiring connections.

Just because the parts are new does not mean they are good - where they come from and who distributes them means more than the fact that they are new. I have a box full of brand new CDI, rec/reg, coils and stators. Some from Honda, Kawasaki, Coolster, Roketa and Coleman.

·
Registered
14 Posts
maybe you can describe to me the sequence of checking the necessary elements, if it is not difficult for you. I will be very grateful to you

·
Registered
14 Posts
and I also don’t have a green wire at the input to the cdi block, only white, white-red, black-red, red, brown. The output is white-blue and black

·
Registered
14 Posts
perhaps you know where to buy a normal cdi block, for example, ebay, or some other sites. I and Europe know very little about polaris

·
Registered
15,921 Posts
The 2000 models changed from the 3 wire to the two wire capacitor charge coil - are you sure you have a 99 and not a 2000 model?

·
Registered
15,921 Posts
I'm sorry, I got confused - you hijacked this thread about a 99 500 and You have an 03 - I had to reread the thread to figure this out - I'm going to start over.

·
Registered
15,921 Posts
OK - 03 is basically the same as the 2000 model - this is the 03 wiring
Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Number
Product Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

Here's the problem - the two wire stator and CDI block are discontinued

Let's see what can be done with what you have - do you have or can you borrow a meter with a peak voltage function?
Where did you get the new stator and CDI block?
Do you understand this is an AC ignition and no battery is required to have spark?
Are you in Austria?

Lot's of questions and it is quitting time here in the central US (5 pm Illinois time) - I put in 11 hours and worked through lunch so I'm ready to go home and have supper, watch FOX news, play a game on my tablet and get some sleep before the same routine tomorrow. We are supposed to get a 1-2 inches of snow tonight, but we currently have zero snow, so it won't create any interference to getting to work in the morning. Tomorrow is one of my 'short' days - I only have to work 10 hours tomorrow, 9 hours Sunday, 12 to 13 hours Monday, 11 hours Tuesday, 9 hours Wednesday (my other short day) then 11 hours Friday to finish out the week. I work 7 days a week, but can take off whenever I need to.

The forum is not as instant as a bulletin board, messenger or text message, but I can't devote time to message or text so waiting on the forum is the best I can offer. Answer those few questions (I probably won't see the answers until tomorrow morning) , but when I do I will respond and with patience I'll help you get spark on the beast.

Steve in Illinois USA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes i can borrow a meter with a peak voltage function
My friend by it to me in france(last on on the shop)
Yes an now about AC
Im from Latvija

·
Registered
14 Posts
now we have 2 o'clock in the morning, I don't have a schedule because I work as a border guard and the schedule is not fixed

·
Registered
15,921 Posts
7:30 am - I have been at work for an hour - snowed last night (about an inch) so the first hour was cleaning drive and walk ways.

White Product Rectangle Font Line

Using the peak voltage function of the meter check for approximately:
45 volts on the blk/red to red wires
3 to 5 volts on the wht to wht/red wires
90 volts or more on the wht/blu wire to coil

With those approximate voltages and a good coil, you should have spark at the plug.

·
Registered
15,921 Posts
Got to look somewhere else then - I would say that part is good

21 - 38 of 38 Posts