Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello; my machine does not want to start on its own. I have to take the air filter off then starve it of oxygen by covering the intake with my hand. It will then start but I have to keep it idled up for quite some time (5 to 10 min. depending on how cold it is outside) then I can let off the accelerator and replace the air filter, seat, etc.

I have been told to clean the carburetor and use a rebuild kit on it. I cannot find a rebuild kit for my machine anywhere on the internet. I have been looking for the past week at all kinds of different websites with no luck. Does anyone know where I might find a carburetor rebuild kit for my '99 Magnum 500 4x4 four wheeler? Thank you for taking the time out of your day to look at this thread. I would also like to thank everyone for their thoughts. Have a great day.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
You most likely don't need any parts for the carb. Just need to remove the jets and clean everything out good. It is very rare to actually have to put a rebuild kit into a carb.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can use a rebuild kit from a sportsman 500 of the same year. At the time they were identical machines except the magnum was solid rear axle and the sportsman had independent rear suspension. I would recommend a good cleaning at the very least, see what it looks like inside and go from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you; I will be sure to take extra care when removing the bowl. I will keep you all posted. I'll try to get to it this Saturday. Have a great day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts