Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help me to make sure i have the right values. Ive tested the ignition coil and show 1.2 ohms on the primary resistance and 6.2K on the secondary without the cap. From what ive found my primary resistance should be .3 to .5 ohms. I would assume mine is bad showing a higher reading of 1.2 ohms but not for sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well with a diffrent meter, a much better one, now im showing .5 to .6 ohms on the primary side. so now i see my coil is good. Now i could use a little advise on what else to check.

I have disconnected the black wire to isolate the kill switch even though its new and it still has no fire.

I checked the white and white/red wires coming out of the sidecase and have 97 ohms. so i think im good there.

I know the cdi box could be the culprit but trying to eliminate everything else first. Any more suggestions from anyone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a little more information and think ive found the problem but would love to hear someone agree with what ive found.

On the stator i have two connectors. A two-pin with a white and a white/red that shows 99 ohms. Im pretty sure thats close enough to right.

The other is a three pin with a green, a red, and a black/red. Between red and green i show 1.6 ohms, which i think is right. Between the black/red and the green i have nothing. The info i have says i should have about 446 ohms between these two. If thats right i have found my problem.

Just hoping someone can confirm that for me before i buy a part i may not need.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts