Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4 wheeler has a new carb, new fuel pump, a couple new fuel lines, new battery and new oil change, plus a new air filter. It runs a little better but when it runs full throttle it wants to bog down and barely wants to move. I was wondering what the problem could be?

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Carb needs to be calibrated to the engine - I presume you got a Chinese copy of the original carb because most Cheap Asses will not spend $500 for the OEM style carb, it's NLA from Polaris anyway and it takes too long to repair the original carb. The Chinese Cheap Shit is the fast, cheap way to repair, but the seller did not claim it was correct for the application; the ad says 'FITS'. Just take the time to calibrate the carb for the application and it will be fine.

Try going up 4 sizes on the main jet (if you can find one that fits - Mikuni might, but might not depending on how exact he Chinese counterfeiter copied the Mikuni.

If going up on the main jet makes it worse, try going down 4 sizes from the original and see what that does. If neither going up or down seems to make a change, tryt a different carb from a seller other than the one you bought from the first time..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts