Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 Polaris xplorer 300, ok its very very hard to start the atv, i have completely rebuilt the carb, and its blowing back bad, and its a yellow color or slight brown to it???? the transmission or transfer case is covered in the mixed fuel or w/e it is that turns it that color, i have replaced the rings and piston and all gaskets, but the atv is very hard to start it blows back poofs literally poofs lol, i have the fuel to oil mixture correct to specs new plug and wire and coil, but some times it will crank up and run very well no spit or sputters full throttle but will not idle at all and will immediately shut down, the idle screw has no effect dunno y, is there anything electronic that controls any of this? as im cranking it on choke and half choke i will slightly give it throttle and u can hear trying very hard to fire up but most the time fails? any ideas guys:question:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Have you checked the switch in the throttle assembly?? Throttle cable adjustment. But also sounds like the idel jet is clogged. Where is the clip in the needle? Should be in the center slot.Check these things and let us know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the switch in the throttle assembly?? Throttle cable adjustment. But also sounds like the idel jet is clogged. Where is the clip in the needle? Should be in the center slot.Check these things and let us know.
ok will do thanx ill brb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts