Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest some extended plastics or fairing to keep the mud off me? Just picked up a 99 Scrambler 500 and went out checking cows. Ended up with as much crap on me as the ATV had on it.

Also. I'm looking to add a rear rack and possibly a front down the line. Found the ones off Amazon and Dennis Kirk. Are they any good? Alternatives?

Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fender extensions

We have a customer that actually found set of fairly junk plastics in our pile behind the shop and decided to just junk most of the "body" portion of the plastics and was left with just the "fender" sections and just drilled and bolted the cut fenders to the underside of his original fenders and it works extremely well and looks pretty good because everything is the same contour.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 98 scrambled 400 parts bike and it has extended flares on it....they look like factory. If u are interested I can send u a pic so u can see what. they look like

·
Registered
324 Posts
yeah most guys use that black plastic edging that you can buy at home depot or lowes fairly cheap in a roll. you can use a hair dryer or heat gun to mold it around tight corners. It works like a charm and looks pretty good too. We did this to my FIL's 4 wheeler to stop it from spraying mud all over his gun while driving. Some guys cut the round bead off the top, but we kept it on and mounted it with the bead out it looks like it was a factory addon.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Can anyone suggest some extended plastics or fairing to keep the mud off me? Just picked up a 99 Scrambler 500 and went out checking cows. Ended up with as much crap on me as the ATV had on it.

Also. I'm looking to add a rear rack and possibly a front down the line. Found the ones off Amazon and Dennis Kirk. Are they any good? Alternatives?

Thanks
Adam
Do a search for polaris over fenders, there an add on fender extension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts