Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it necessary to run 1" taller tires on the rear of my '99 335 sportsman? Is the gear ratio that much different front to rear? I'm looking to upgrade tires as mine are pretty well shot, but need to know if I need to stay with the 1" split. Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
96 Posts
The answer if YES. If you run the same size tire front and back you run the risk of doing some damage to the machines transmission. I had the same machine and ran 26" tires on the back with 25" tires on the front with no problems. The mechanic at the Polaris Dealer that I bought the machine from stated that it has to have the one inch difference for gear ratio reasons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it necessary to run 1" taller tires on the rear of my '99 335 sportsman? Is the gear ratio that much different front to rear? I'm looking to upgrade tires as mine are pretty well shot, but need to know if I need to stay with the 1" split. Thanks for any help!
Yes, I guess it is necessary to run 1" taller tires on the rear side. Even though the gear ratio is not that much different from front to rear but it is necessary.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The answer if YES. If you run the same size tire front and back you run the risk of doing some damage to the machines transmission. I had the same machine and ran 26" tires on the back with 25" tires on the front with no problems. The mechanic at the Polaris Dealer that I bought the machine from stated that it has to have the one inch difference for gear ratio reasons.
I have the same machine and was wondering what the tires were that you got and where did you get them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts