Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I turned too sharp and hit the end of steering and my high beam and N, R, and high beam indicator lights went out. Bulb is fine. Can anyone guide me where to start? fuse??

I appreciate your time, I really do. Just got it..it's my first, wanted one my whole life

·
Registered
271 Posts
Try looking down around by the steering post stops and bottom bushing to see if any wiring has been pinched down there. Then check up by the high beam headlight pod for wiring that is or has rubbed through the sleeve or insulation. Also check wiring plug at headlight switch for loose connection. Try to push plug in or wiggle around. Under the front rack is a front panel cover. Remove and look for broken or torn BROWN wires. These are the ground wires to the whole electrical system. Make sure no mounting bolts/screws are loose to these wire ends. Voltage regulator is in front of or on top of frame brace so check that wiring also. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
258 Posts
open up the pod and do some poking around.. seeing they are all different bulbs I almost say you lost a ground someplace in there?...5 screws get you into the pod. a multimeter should give you some direction once inside. sounds like a wire got pulled on a little to hard, some of the wiring was pretty short from the board(under front rack 4 big ass Phillips screws and snap out the front hood) to the pod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts