Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, been at this for over a year now playing catchup on maintenance from previous owner.

What I have done on it because of problems that have arisen in the past year: camshaft and rockers, repaired air box, 4wd-spedometer and sensor, cv joints on the front broke)
Currently:
The problem started intermittently, that was when I thought it was carb and cleaned it many times, then got a rebuild kit for it. That didn't work, and by then the problem was constant-lack of power. So compression was low, and I could move the crank side to side easily, so I rebuilt the whole engine, it just got back together and now I still have the same original problem, but with a better engine. Great, alot to show for all that time and money.
The engine does make a loud ticking from the oil pump, it's a new one way valve, and when I squees the oil tank return hose and pressure builds, all ticking goes away. That's one problem. The other is mid to full throttle range.

Right now the bike Will start and run. It sounds great at idle. It will pull pretty good to 20 mph and then all power drops off, dead throttle space when it hits 20, blip or hold at full no results. I pulled the black 'kill' wire on the cdi and the bike kept running. Reading other stuff it seems this might be the issue? Where do I go from here?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:Med:

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! :)

i completly forgot to say that i have rebuilt both clutches. primary with new buttons, bushings, rollers, weights and pins, and a new spring. also secondary new spring and new rollers and screws/pins that the rollers sit on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts