Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really about to send this thing to the dealer. Still cant find out why my atv is shorting out. I have traced everything. I cant find the circut breaker thats suppose to be up front by the fan/water temp sensor. I have traced wires and everything. Do I need to have the light bulbs plugged in when I am starting the machine? I have all three headlight bulbs out. This is really starting to get frustrating..... :suspect:

·
Registered
130 Posts
No, the bulbs do not need to be installed. What exactly is happening? Had a similar issues with my 02 sportsman and the main thermal fuse. First time I had a loose terminal that connected to the fuse. Second time the fuse went bad due to the overheating caused by the first problem.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It ran fine for about 20 minutes then the heat light came on... after that I tried to see if the fan was turning on. As I was trying to test things and what not I started it and then after it heats up now the Speedo lights go out, no and etc. I have tried to look at wire diagram and that hasn't helped... I can't find the circuit breaker up front for the life of me

·
Registered
130 Posts
If the fuse/breaker is like mine which I would assume it will be inside a black plastic pouch. I just cut a slit down the middle. Then siliconed it closed when I was done.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea... I can't find the one up front... I have looked everywhere... I found one by the battery but none up front...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2001 and the circuit breaker is up under the front cover that you remove to get to the rad cap. Its up further towards the steering column. I think the wire is red/black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts