Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 trailboss, that I am attempting to fix myself. It grinds bad when you go to put it in gear? What could be the cause? Is it just out of adjustment? It wont do anything but grind, unless I push the lever past the notch, then it takes gear. Thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
Is your idle too high?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I can get this thing close, I'm gonna probably have to bite the bullet and take it in. This might be getting out of my league. I do have a good manual, I'll study up on it some tonight, and see if it looks doable. I just don't want to spend and arm and a leg on this old atv. Unless, I get told, it will be worth it. I paid 450 for it, and im around another 100 into it, at this time. Still need tires, and a brake master cylinder. I did do a comp check on it today. 95 psi on the pull rope, with no wd40. I recon that's ok?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Was compression with throttle wide open and 4-5 good pulls? 100 is a min to run in general. 95 will run, but hard to start and may not run well or at all once warmed up good. It's starting to sound like you're going to be into this thing for double it's value or more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts