Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new to the forum my name is ben im from alberta canads I ride a 2007 sportsman 800 with 30 inch backs and a wikd boar rad relocate winter time I ride a 06 rmk 900

But my question is I bought the quad used last year and I just blew a axle and I have been back to the dealer about 5 times now and we finally cane to the conclusion that I have a +2 long travel kit on the front any one ever hear of these or have one I cant get a axle or cv joi t for my axle any help will be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
805 Posts
Its probly just a lift kit and with those tires you need to get Gorilla or turner axles. Nothing else will live and dont even bother trying any other kind. You will just be wasting money in the long run.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The a arms are a inch longer and so ate the axles

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You need to get an axle that will handle the lift. If it is just a 2" lift with forward a-arms, a stock length axle from highlifter, gorilla, or turner will work. If the forward a-arms are something different than the bolt on ones from highlifter, ie, someones custom work, you may need to call gorilla and have them build you a custom length axle. My guess though is that a stock length from the list above will work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a 2 inch lift is all I'm doing but I can't find highlifter froward a arms I seen super ate does tho any one hear is there any good?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need to get an axle that will handle the lift. If it is just a 2" lift with forward a-arms, a stock length axle from highlifter, gorilla, or turner will work. If the forward a-arms are something different than the bolt on ones from highlifter, ie, someones custom work, you may need to call gorilla and have them build you a custom length axle. My guess though is that a stock length from the list above will work.
My a arms are a inch longer then stock and so is the axle that's why I'm having a hard time finding a axle or even a cv joint to fit my axle there is no name on the axle

·
Registered
205 Posts
Call Gorilla axles or turner axles and give them the measurements for the axle you need they can custom make the axle to your needs..
As LOST CAUSE stated above..
Not sure exactly what you are asking?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Call Gorilla axles or turner axles and give them the measurements for the axle you need they can custom make the axle to your needs..
As LOST CAUSE stated above..
Not sure exactly what you are asking?
Not to sure where I was going with that but thanks for the help I got what I needed

·
Registered
205 Posts
Personally no.
I have seen it on youtube many times from both companies
I try not to have to need custom parts as they can get expensive
Gorilla and Turners will both make one off axles though.. You are probably looking at 500 per axle though. As lost cause said maybe contact them and give them the measurements and see if they think the base axles they build will work..
Or the highlifter forum/ mudinmyblood forum may have better feedback as those guys seem to have more custom work done.. Sorry that is all I can really input

1 - 15 of 15 Posts