Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most likely buying a new 2014 850. I'm looking to install a-arm frame braces. My previous (just sold) 2011 850 a-arms mounts snapped off, so I want to try prevent this from happening again.

Has anyone installed these and still had the mounts snap off?

Anyone know of or hear of the front mounts breaking?

I'm on the fence right now about buying Polaris again because of this reason. I see that Can-am has front frame issues, they're over priced anyhow. And when i look at Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki the the Polaris has more to offer in most every aspect other than being heavier.

I plan to purchase tracks with the new quad for more year round use and to get into back country sooner in the year. Otherwise I'd be much more tempted with the other machines even though they have lower power ratings.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
This is the first I've heard of the front mounts breaking off. is it a common problem? Could your riding style have something to do with it? Or is it just a fluke?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ he was saying that the front of the Can Am Frames are breaking, i didn't see him call out his front A Arms. Im guessing he is referring to the rears.

i have Cecco's A Arm Brace and i love it. 400 miles and i ride fairly hard. seem to be holding up very well. Im sure others will chime in later in the day when they come on. i havent heard of anyone still breaking there Mounts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was referring to the rear mounts. I haven't heard of any issue with the front mounts on these machines either, but was curious if anyone has.

I've been dealing with the dealership a little. Want to talk to them again ans try get the price knocked down a little more. As soon as I pull the trigger I'll be ordering the brackets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts