Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 polaris predator tld. I have installed a k&n air filter...drilled holes in the airbox, i hace an hmf slip on competition series pipe(no quiet core) and a 15t front sprocket... i have heard of guys saying that it needs to be rejetted even after just a k&n. It runs great, idles beautifully but when me and my brothers drag i hold it at wide open throttle and it doesnt seem to have much power at low end rpm's. As soon as it hits mid range rpm's it will throw you back in ur seat all the way untill u hit the rev limiter. I was wondering if this is a jetting problem or is that just how the 500's are. and if i should jet it with the mods.

·
Registered
80 Posts
yes defiantly get it re jetted , mine can easily lift the front end me off the ground 1-3rd gear , get it jetted and the response will be so much of a improvement

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board! :cowboy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thnk im gonna wait to get it rejetted....im gonna buy the hmf head pipe then rejet it....what size jets do u think

·
Registered
80 Posts
i just took mine in to the dealer and they did it , they had a whole bunch of different sizes and a test track to get it just rite

·
Registered
33 Posts
i bought the dynojet kit they say the heart of the kit is the needle idk, there is only 1 jet bigger in the kit than the one i'm running, i run 100 octane. like Predasaurs said BIG improvement hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts