Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1428cc turbo charged Kawasaki w/nos lol yea.. mickey Thompson 26x12.50x15 rear (wrinkle walled street tire) doesn't turn very well.. best time w/OUT bars is 8.36 167mph.. not bad for a street bike.. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
^ This.

Busa's aren't exactly corner carvers themselves :cowboy:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
They do a 9.8 @147 1/4 mile stock with 150hp at the engine. This one is 225hp at the rear wheel, turbo charged with a 100 shot of nitrous. And I agree they are not corner carvers compared to many other sport bikes, but wasn't comparing it to them. Comparing to the on in this thread. It's not been run down the track yet, but I bet the extra 150Hp at the rear tire gets it down there in the really low 8's or high 7's.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had a 74 nova street car I sold a few years ago. I built the entire car, learning as I went. Pump gas friendly 383ci ran 10s on the motor and mid 9s on the spray.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like a stout set up you have....but keep in mind that 1/4 mile time is based on a decent/experienced rider. I've seen many run bottom to mid 10's due to inexperience but I've also seen them running 9.70's in stock form.

My dad used to have a volocity turbo kit on his busa. It was certainly quick. Problem was that before it was stretched it wheelied and after only a 4" stetch it'd just blow the rear tire off...even with a "sticky" radial.

The OP is atleast set up for traction, but i'm sure your set up would run strong on the big end...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Still gotcha HP wise.. this one has an E/F hybrid turbo and was dyno'd locally at 338hp PLUS it also runs a 100hp shot of nos..having the HP and getting it down the track are two different things LOL put Ricky Gadson on this thing and he'd probably pull mid/low 7's w/the NOS on.. NOT ME lol
They do a 9.8 @147 1/4 mile stock with 150hp at the engine. This one is 225hp at the rear wheel, turbo charged with a 100 shot of nitrous. And I agree they are not corner carvers compared to many other sport bikes, but wasn't comparing it to them. Comparing to the on in this thread. It's not been run down the track yet, but I bet the extra 150Hp at the rear tire gets it down there in the really low 8's or high 7's.
Sounds like a stout set up you have....but keep in mind that 1/4 mile time is based on a decent/experienced rider. I've seen many run bottom to mid 10's due to inexperience but I've also seen them running 9.70's in stock form.

My dad used to have a volocity turbo kit on his busa. It was certainly quick. Problem was that before it was stretched it wheelied and after only a 4" stetch it'd just blow the rear tire off...even with a "sticky" radial.

The OP is atleast set up for traction, but i'm sure your set up would run strong on the big end...
AMEN on that one.. mine is stretched 10" on the swing arm and front end is raked out 7.5 deg.. keeps it down and helps it "squat" better lol.the tire is a mickey Thompson sportsman pro.. a soft wrinkle wall tred'd slick. I've raced a local turbo busa here.. thing is FAST as @#$% but NOT easy to control. I could beat him fairly easily (no nos) simply due to the fact that mine grunts/squats and goes straight.. his grunts and REACHES for the stars LOL

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Dam! that's a lot of HP in a bike! Very impressive. I don't have the guts to run this thing at it's peak either. Time for someone braver or dumber than me to own it. It plants and goes really well, but is not set to be strictly a drag bike. With a few tweaks it could easily be.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SHARP azz ride there bud!!! "Time for someone braver or dumber than me to own it" lol that's how I got THIS one.. lol probably the dumber one.. heh heh

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I had a 74 nova street car I sold a few years ago. I built the entire car, learning as I went. Pump gas friendly 383ci ran 10s on the motor and mid 9s on the spray.
Yep thats pretty good. Went 6.59 in the 1/8th with a 355ci and a 175 shot of nitrous on pump gas. 350 turbo with 4.10 gears, stock leaf springs and 28" slicks. I turned that thing 8,000 rpms. Barely made it into third gear in the 1/8th of a mile. And I drove it home and to all of the street races.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.