Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I already posted in "Calling all CANADIANS". I was wondering............ how much for a pass , why should one get one , benifits??

·
Registered
19 Posts
i paid 140$ for my pass for quebec. if you get caught in the trails without a pass youll get a nice hefty fine. after you get the fine you get the choice of buying a pass on the spot or the police tow your atv

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here in manitoba. Don't need a pass. My belter asked me yesterday if I had a pass, I asked him what he was talking about. That would suck to have to get a pass. It would take away from riding a little don't you think?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hi there.. I'm in southwest ontario.. and if you don't have a pass you can enjoy doing laps around your yard because there is little to no crown land around here.. $175 for the pass.. If you volunteer and work on the trails for 8 hrs over two days you get $50 back..
The down side to some trail systems (ask before you buy), is what are they like?.. Deep woods?, narrow?, anywhere to stop and rest with a view?.. Around here all the trails on the system I belong to are in deep woods with nothing to look at and no destination points.. Gotta go slow most of the time cause you can't see anything around corners or up and down hills.. Its easy to get lost because everything looks the same.. Bought a 2010 850 touring and love it.. Just sad to say my riding has been boring at best.. No one can keep you off crown land in most cases so find some if you can.. Or join a club and hope the trails have some room to move!..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Best to check the OFATV maps in Ontario. Before you join a club buy a day pass and make sure they have a decent trail system. I have seem some that have next to nothing. The club I joined has a couple of hundred km of trails and that costs money to keep up. Memberships are $150 and that is pretty cheap for a season of running on well maintained trails. That membership also allows you on a lot of other club trails. TIP.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Best to check the OFATV maps in Ontario. Before you join a club buy a day pass and make sure they have a decent trail system. I have seem some that have next to nothing. The club I joined has a couple of hundred km of trails and that costs money to keep up. Memberships are $150 and that is pretty cheap for a season of running on well maintained trails. That membership also allows you on a lot of other club trails. TIP.
Which club did you join and where abouts are the trails?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I joined the DUFFERIN GREY ATV CLUB. They have some decent trails. They run from Shelburne north to Chatsworth and have some trails off the main one. Can easily put on 200 km in a day. The pass also lets me access most other club trails in southwestern Ont. Not sure how many if any eastern Ont clubs use this same pass. Would have to check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts