Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I just purchased a 2012, 850xp with eps and am very pleased so far with the bike and happy to have found this forum. THANK YOU! I have searched for an answer to my question, with no results yet. I'm sure someone has the answer out there and thank you in advance for any help.

Okay, my problem is that there is no way I'm going to put the recommended 25 hours on my new bike without changing the oil. Way to long in my opinion. But, the guy at Polaris says the "break in" oil from the factory is a highly guarded secret as to whether it's synthetic, or natural, or a blend of both. I suspect that it isn't full synthetic for purpose of seating the rings, but, I'm not sure. I don't want to put any other type of new oil in it, other than the same kind that I will be draining out of it. "If" it didn't come with full synthetic then it is to early to change over to it, before the rings fully seat. I just want to put more of the same as it has now, back in it "new", to complete the break in.

Can anybody please tell me what type of factory"break in" oil comes in the 2012 Polaris machines?

Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome.... I'm in the same boat with a new 850. Wish I had gotten eps though.

As far as break in, I thought the same as you, but everyone I've talked to says stick with the Polaris break in recommendation

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
This is an easy answer guys! If you want your warrenty to be covered do what the factory says should be done when they say. Anything else is an instant denial of warrenty.(Although I agree with you!) Best reason I got an older unit!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

If not wanting metal shrapnel circulating through my oiling system, bearings and oil pump, etc... for 25 hours of riding, somehow voids my warranty, then it's not worth having. If there is any truth to this, then something is very wrong here.The damage done to said motor in that amount of time, may well make it past 6 month warranty and even much longer, but, will GREATLY reduce the life of the motor, in my opinion. Common sense.

I'm not wanting to change brands or viscosity, I simply want to put clean, new (Polaris)oil and filter of the "exact" same kind as I would be draining and continue seating my rings, without prematurely wearing out the rest of the motor. I will contact the dealer I purchsed from and get his take on things.

Until then, can anyone else chime in, with experience on this issue.

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts