Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:veryhappy: I am starting a positive thread about your Polaris ATV, if there is one already out there, sorry.

Lets hear about the positive stuff about your Polaris ATV. E.G. I wouldn't ride any other ATV, I have over 2000 miles on my ATV etc, etc. I think you guys get the point, I am sure a lot of people will have the same things to say but lets hear them anyway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I love the ride and power of my 850XP, rides a heck of a lot better than my other utility. I put my wife on the back and its like she is not even on it. I would put her on my other quad and I could definitely tell she affected the handling.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
love my 850 the only way to go

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I love my 500! Its been a workhorse for me around the property plowing snow, skidding logs, packing deer and elk during hunting season. And the play times are very rewarding too. Sometimes I just go for a ride up along the stateline and breath in all the fresh mountain air. I grew up riding dirt bikes and having the ability to pack all kinds of extra gear on the quad makes it hard to beat for the fun factor!
Get out there and enjoy the great outdoors before they lock us out completely!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
i love the awd system better then any atv i've own, riden or rid with and great suspension other then the springs sagging prematurely

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have had two sportsman xp 850 and the ride and power is awesome. Now with eps the ride is effortless. The engine sitting sideways is great also.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just like everyone else said, the ride, EPS, and power are great but the intangibles that my Polaris brings may be the best part. It affords my wife and I an activity that we both love to do. We've also bought our grandson his first Polaria too. Good times with my wife and family.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just like everyone else said, the ride, EPS, and power are great but the intangibles that my Polaris brings may be the best part. It affords my wife and I an activity that we both love to do. We've also bought our grandson his first Polaria too. Good times with my wife and family.
X2 on that, we have 3 quads and since I put the Weekender trunk on the XP my wife rides with me on it instead of riding one of the other quads when we go riding. I know I wouldn't have put the trunk on my other utility quad.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My only regret in getting my 850 is that I didn't pony up and get the touring for the wife!
Great machine so far.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
You cannot beat the value of the 500. Big enough to run with the big bores, but good on gas and very affordable. OTD for $5600-5800 and you get a full size machine with a bulletproof engine capable of 90% of what average riders will ever do. Plows, some mud, trails and stupid high resale.

Bought one, sold it. Got another a few months later after I moved. You just get more for the money in a 500 class Polaris than any other brand. I'm sure the 570 will turn out the same.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've got just a tick under 5000 miles on my '04 700 EFI. The wife's '99 335 has 2800 on it. Both have been relatively reliable. Has there been a few things that needed repairs over the years? Yep, they're mechanical, however the key I believe is good preventative maintenance. Oh we both really like our machines too!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have 2600 miles on my '05 and probably close to double that on the '02 (no speedo on trail boss') plus had around 2500 miles on the '01 that the '05 replaced, and aside from; tires, fluid changes, battery's I have not had any problems. Oh I take that back , the '05 went in for a warranty recall ECU replacement. They sit in the garage and wait for me to come turn the key again. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending a Polaris to anyone.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I do all my own mechanical work. On my 850x2 and my 550xp.

Which means I end up maintaining all kinds of other quads for friends who claim to be less mechanically inclined. Arctic Cats, Hondas, Yamahas.

I would rather work on polaris than any of them. Because... at the detail level they are better engineered, better thought out and layed out, easier to access, and just plain more robust. Similarly, I would rather own polaris than any of them because that superior engineering translates to good reliability and performance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2013 550 x2 for me and love it 700 miles on no problems rides great, plows snow nice and take the wife for a ride if see wants, great all round machine very happy i went with the x2 version:xmas:

·
Registered
460 Posts
My 2010 850 touring is 4 years old in feb.. Not a single problem with this machine so far..
golf, how many miles you got on your 850?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Bought my 2012 850 Touring earlier this year. I've put about 200 brutal miles on it without a single issue.

Before I bought it, I took my buddy's 550 Grizzly for a 30 mile ride and that thing beat me to death. I took another friend's Sportsman 550 on the same ride a week later and I was hooked on Polaris. Everything felt more refined and more stable on the Polaris. I hated having to lose my momentum, push a button, flip a switch, and then be in "real" 4wd on the Grizzly. The Polaris AWD/4x4 system completely sold me, no need to worry about how fast or slow I'm going, no need to worry about having to push another button to get all the wheels spinning, just go. When you need all 4 wheels, they're all putting power to ground, no hesitation or worry. The smooth ride of the Sportsman convinced me further; Polaris is where it's at.

I also really like playing around in ice and snow on my 850. The engine braking system helps you drift the rear end around pretty handily if you've got some speed going into a corner or doing a 180º turn on a dime. Just let off the throttle and bump the steering a tad and you'll swing around, it's really fun.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to tow my buddy's 550 Grizz (he swamped it), my meat wagon, and his meat wagon (small, single-axle, high-wall trailers with ATV tires used to transport killed/caught game and gear off-road) about 15 miles back to the truck. I put the 850 in low gear and hauled it back without a single issue.

Another friend of mine needed his old Dodge Ramcharger towed up the driveway, but there wasn't any room for a truck... I hooked up my 850, dropped it in low gear and hauled that 3-ton beast up the driveway. No fuss, no frills, just a machine that works when I need it, does anything I ask, and begs for more.

I'm sure I'll have problems with my quad, just like any other quad, regardless of brand name. It's part of it, and I enjoy turning a wrench every now and again. Keep the fluids topped off, grease the zerks often and with quality grease, and don't exceed your limitations. I do not regret buying my 850 Touring, and when it's time to buy a machine for the wife, the only machines I'll look at are Sportsman XP's.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Love my 850. had a few issues from the beginning, got them sorted out and has been a very good machine since. Will buy another when the time comes

1 - 20 of 103 Posts