Polaris ATV Forum banner

Aaen Performance muffler installed

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  LouisianaXCRacer 
#1 ·
Been looking at this one for a while now, ordered it a few weeks ago and just got to installing it today. This thing sounds amazing! Kinda like a small block chevy with glass packs. Not too loud, but definately several dbs louder than stock, but not obnoxious. Even felt a bit snappier with the butt dyno. I'm very happy so with my new purchase.

See less See more
#5 ·
Took it off, I race my Scrambler in a local XC series.

What does it cost? Do you have to change what the engine management?
$399 USD Here's a link. Aaen told me that I didn't have to change the engine mapping. From my own experience they run a little rich stock so I plan to run it as is and check the plugs for any signs of a lean condition.

Must be at least a little lighter as well? Does it have a rebuildable fiberglass core?
I didn't weigh it, but it is about half the weight of the stock muffler. Yes, it has a rebuildable core.

The reason I chose the Aaen is that it is ceramic coated. I didn't do it today, but my plan is to take the headpipes off and wrap them in exhaust wrap. Combined with the ceramic muffler, that should remove a substantial bit of heat from the engine much more efficiently.

#10 ·
have you had a chance to ride more since the pipe? Any more butt dyno reports

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.