Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking into getting an atv and I was about to buy a used 850 until I saw the price of these bad boys! I made my mind up and I'm fairly confident I'll be picking one up very soon!

Onto my questions..
What frame are they built on? I've seen people saying its on the 500, but I'm not familiarized with the Polaris brand. Whats the difference between the value line and XP? Is this built on the 500 or 500xp? What years are the frames the same?

If I want to lift it, what are my options? I guess it really just depends on the frame?

I'll be modding with the snorkeling the stock exhaust, custom snorkels, clutch kit, and 28 or 29.5" outlaws.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The 550xp and 850xp have the same everything except motors. The frames r different from the value lines. U can fit 29.5 without a lift.

My S3 addiction!!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I would say take a trip to a Polaris dealer, if you have one close by. Get in there and poke around at them.
Here are the basics.
The XP line has a wider wheelbase, narrower seat. They are on an XP chassis have dual a arm suspension front and rear.550 and 850. Both have efi.
Value line has been around much longer, has front struts and dual a arm rear.
They stopped making the 500 for the 2014 model year.
You can get a value line in a 400,500(2013)carbed.
570 and 800 are efi..
These are just the basic dif. There are many more.

There are plenty of mod options for all these models

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would say take a trip to a Polaris dealer, if you have one close by. Get in there and poke around at them.
Here are the basics.
The XP line has a wider wheelbase, narrower seat. They are on an XP chassis have dual a arm suspension front and rear.550 and 850. Both have efi.
Value line has been around much longer, has front struts and dual a arm rear.
They stopped making the 500 for the 2014 model year.
You can get a value line in a 400,500(2013)carbed.
570 and 800 are efi..
These are just the basic dif. There are many more.

There are plenty of mod options for all these models
+1 Check them out and see what fits yout the best. The xp has a different suspension setup than the value line. Im happy with my 570. I have a bad back and can ride it all day long 60+ miles and not be sore. 5 miles on my honda and im hurting

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made the plunge today and picked one up. So far I enjoy it and the power steering feature (first time user). My only complain is the vibration while on it. Is this going to go away??

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks good. It will vibrate. Should get better as it gets broke in. Being a single cylinder engine it will always have some vibrations and be more noticable than a twin cylinder engine.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Looks good. It will vibrate. Should get better as it gets broke in. Being a single cylinder engine it will always have some vibrations and be more noticable than a twin cylinder engine.
yep, a single cyl will feel a little less refined largely because of the vibration produced.. I very recently rode a 2014 arctic cat 700XT just before I bought my 570 (I have not taken delivery yet but did test ride).. For what its worth.. The sportsman is buttery smooth compared to the arctic cat.. Just to clarify though.. Where are you feeling the vibration from.. Just the bars?.. The seat?, your feet?, or everywhere?.. I really only felt it a bit in the bars.. I'm coming off an XP Touring so I know what it is to be spoiled by the XP refinement.. I didn't find the 570 to vibrate to bad at all, but you're not the 1st to mention it which is why I asked if you can zero in on where you feel it the most..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep, a single cyl will feel a little less refined largely because of the vibration produced.. I very recently rode a 2014 arctic cat 700XT just before I bought my 570 (I have not taken delivery yet but did test ride).. For what its worth.. The sportsman is buttery smooth compared to the arctic cat.. Just to clarify though.. Where are you feeling the vibration from.. Just the bars?.. The seat?, your feet?, or everywhere?.. I really only felt it a bit in the bars.. I'm coming off an XP Touring so I know what it is to be spoiled by the XP refinement.. I didn't find the 570 to vibrate to bad at all, but you're not the 1st to mention it which is why I asked if you can zero in on where you feel it the most..
I don't remember my 08 arctic cat vibrating.. And if it did it was nowhere near this. I feel the vibration mostly throughout the seat and the rear rack.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't remember my 08 arctic cat vibrating.. And if it did it was nowhere near this. I feel the vibration mostly throughout the seat and the rear rack.
Thats where I feel mine vibrate. It has smoothed out now that I have some hours on it. I still get a vibration on the rack with a little rattle about 10 mph that annoys me so I just speed up a little

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reply Gerald. I have ridden it some more today and I didn't notice the vibration so either it's gone away or I've become accustomed to it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My new issue is there's a clunk-like sound whenever I give it gas?

Overall I'm happy with my purchase! I'm still breaking it in nice and slow but I can feel the torque and it is more than enough for the riding I'll be doing.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
At least you won't have the cold starting problems like some of us have had with the 570! Good luck with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts