Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys thought of that particular rig. I test drove one, and absolutely loved it! In final, after sales tax it comes out to $11995.46 I'm also doing $3100 down, am I getting fucked, or should I be excited?!?!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I own two can am outlanders and absolutely love them. That is an awesome price for a 1000. The only problem wit the outlander 1000's is the machine is too powerful for its axles and most guys are forced to upgrade to gorilla axles. Good luck and congrats

·
Premium Member
12,288 Posts
Just wondering what you guys thought of that particular rig. I test drove one, and absolutely loved it! In final, after sales tax it comes out to $11995.46 I'm also doing $3100 down, am I getting fucked, or should I be excited?!?!
no not at all. that is a great bike. plus it comes with the bumpers, racks, and eps. sounds like a great price to me for "all that bike". a couple of buddies of mine have can-ams with G-2 frames and there is a factory brace that the dealer was putting on the 2012 bikes. im sure this is taken care of for ur bike since its a 14, atleast ask the dealer about it. what color are u getting it in. congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm getting the Yellow model, it looks the most sharp IMO. I'm seriously excited about hopping on this bad boy! It's literally just about the most powerful machine I've ever rode (even if it was a test drive)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, it's 2-up. Do you guys think I should drop the rebate, and pay the extra $370 for the 3-year warranty?

·
Premium Member
12,288 Posts
def get the warranty. the way things go with these machines if u have a problem and a good dealer chances are u won't be reaching into ur pocket for coin on a repair.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great machines. I've got a 13' Can-Am 1000 it's a serous muscle monster. And a blast to ride. axles can be a concern. But worth it in the end. If you've got a good dealer the warrenty is grt. But if the dealers not willing to work with u, a lot of claims get denied. I've had good much with mine Soo far. Except I can't ever get enough seat time.

·
Registered
901 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll have to ask the dealer about it, If he's not willing to haggle, I can suck it up though(as he quoted for about a grand less than everybody else in Maine)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Why would you want to buy something that costs over $4000.00 more and has poor design right from the get go, axels?

Why would you want to buy something that costs over $4000.00 more and isn't any faster than an 850 touring?

Why would you want to buy something that costs over $4000.00 more and doesn't ride any better than the 850 touring.

Why would you want to buy something that costs over $4000.00 more and has less storage?

Why would you post this crap about a canned ham on this POLARIS site.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I posted about the CAN AM because for the most part this is an open minded, positive, unbiased community; with an exception of a few people. Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Go for it! That's a good deal on a great machine. I'd push for the warranty though. My buddy has been through a bunch of can-ams and always gets the 3 year BEST program included. The 5 year is considered an upgrade and cost more according to him.

The only problem you'll have with it is that you'll always want to be at the front of the pack to feed your can-am ego :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why would you want to buy something that costs over $4000.00 more and has poor design right from the get go, axels?

Why would you want to buy something that costs over $4000.00 more and isn't any faster than an 850 touring?

Why would you want to buy something that costs over $4000.00 more and doesn't ride any better than the 850 touring.

Why would you want to buy something that costs over $4000.00 more and has less storage?

Why would you post this crap about a canned ham on this POLARIS site.

The 850 touring has a MSRP of 13,339,00.
2014 Polaris Sportsman Touring 850 EPS Bronze Mist LE ATV : Features

The Can Am Outlander Max 1000 I'm buying is quoted at; $11,995,46 OTD

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
That's a great deal, go for it! 4 1000XTs in our group never broke an axle yet. For $370 I'd jump on the extended warranty for the peace of mind. Be careful, it's a very big and powerful bike. It can creep up on you in a hurry. Have fun!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'll have to ask the dealer about it, If he's not willing to haggle, I can suck it up though(as he quoted for about a grand less than everybody else in Maine)
There is no haggle it comes from BRP its no cost to him.Usually it is one or the other but check the link they are offering both which is great

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Congrats on an awesome machine, just make sure you have a dealer that will fight for warranty claims. From what I have read in the past 3 years researching machines before I bought mine, BRP will deny warranty claims left and right. I know polaris has their own warranty issues, but it seems BRP is a good bit worse when it comes to denying things.

·
Registered
18 Posts
definitely get the warranty I have a 2012 800r xt that I am getting rid of because of power steering issues and dealer issues , it does come down to dealers with the warranty thing sometimes you have to take it to corporate level and fight for that warranty , 4 quads in the dealership all with same power steering problems ( degrading ) the answer to the problem there is no fix right now and canam is working on it so just ride the not so good power steering machine and we will call you when they find the fix.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
My buddy has one and loves it
the only thing he complains about is the heat on the right leg, maybe they corrected that
but ya go for it

1 - 20 of 43 Posts