Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum and already have a problem I need some help with.
I recently acquried an 08 Sportsmen 700 EFI X2. The fuel gauge isnt working so I am trying to access the float. Problem is I cant figure out the cap that sits on top of the pump and sending unit comes off. Most posts I have seen has screws on top to remove the cover. Mine has a plastic cap on top that looks like a fuel tank cap with a hole in the middle. How do you get it off??

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
14,065 Posts
Font Window Pattern Screenshot Automotive exterior
to the forum
Gas Font Automotive lighting Ball Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
14,065 Posts
Hello,

I recently acquried an 08 Sportsmen 700 EFI X2. The fuel gauge isnt working so I am trying to access the float. Problem is I cant figure out the cap that sits on top of the pump and sending unit comes off. Most posts I have seen has screws on top to remove the cover. Mine has a plastic cap on top that looks like a fuel tank cap with a hole in the middle. How do you get it off??
Pictures?

·
Premium Member
14,065 Posts
Hello,

Polaris didn't make a 700 in 2008? What do you have?? Put your vin # here to find out and report back. https://atv.polaris.com/en-us/vin-s...uJXrAG9iCugyzGrGT_T6BoWPagM9daqw9cxLzMxtYY0oc

·
Premium Member
14,065 Posts

·
Administrator
18,967 Posts
I use oil filter pliers, oil filter strap wrench or for extreme circumstances a chain wrench - it works best to grip it full circle vs channel locks just gripping 2 sides.

·
Super Moderator
15,874 Posts
I use oil filter pliers, oil filter strap wrench or for extreme circumstances a chain wrench - it works best to grip it full circle vs channel locks just gripping 2 sides.
I agree that the above methods or the special tool would be better if its super tight but I haven't run into one yet that didn't come off fairly easily after you get a good hold on it.
Hope I didn't jinx myself lol. The next one I need to take off will probably be stuck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts