Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any good recommendation's on where to get a decent plow set up for a sportsman 570. I was also looking for good ramps at least 7.5 ft folding everywhere. Seems like all the great places to order parts and accessories are in the US. After they kill us with custom charges and shipping costs its not worth it.
Im just really surprised there isn't many places to find ATV accessories here in Ontario:werd:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've ordered stuff from Orps Parts in Newmarket and 2koolperformance.There is also Royal Distributing,but found they are pretty pricey.

I don't have a plow setup so can't really help you on that. My buddies that do have the Polaris setup.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
A lot of the big stuff just can't go USPS to keep shipping costs down to there. I have to select certain things to not ship to Canada because it's just not worth the headache on a daily basis. But, if you find something you'd like a quote on that we sell, let me know and I'll get one together for you. Most of the time we can still beat a lot of the Canadian retailers.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I found a good used polaris plow on kiji complete with mount for 250 fairly close to home other wise royal distributing or my dealer has been good to me

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ups ground to Canada isn't horrible for the shipper, but the published rates are high. A plow no matter how its shipped is going to be expensive due to weight and dimensional weight. You can try to ask the retailer to work with you on the shipping, if they want the sale they might give you the negotiated on shipping.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've bought a couple of items from Royal Distributing and their prices were as good as anybody's in my case, and they had the stuff in stock. I deal through my local motorcycle shop and they beat eveybody on pricing on my Warn plow. However, I suspect they got it via Royal, 2KoolPerformance, or directly from Warn. They had all kinds of parts catalogues on the desk. I'm in central Ontario and if you are anywhere near Cobourg, give Orange Motorsports a call. Good price, had the plow in less than a week, and very helpfull young lads.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Ups ground to Canada isn't horrible for the shipper, but the published rates are high. A plow no matter how its shipped is going to be expensive due to weight and dimensional weight. You can try to ask the retailer to work with you on the shipping, if they want the sale they might give you the negotiated on shipping.
UPS isn't really much worse than the post office getting it there. It's the extra brokerage charge from the company that actually delivers it to your door that get you. They show up and ask for more money on the spot or won't leave your stuff. I've heard as much as $60-100 add on for parts as cheap as $20 to start with.

·
Registered
396 Posts
UPS isn't really much worse than the post office getting it there. It's the extra brokerage charge from the company that actually delivers it to your door that get you. They show up and ask for more money on the spot or won't leave your stuff. I've heard as much as $60-100 add on for parts as cheap as $20 to start with.
Yup, exactly what happened to a friend. He ordered a rad kit and when it arrived they wanted more money. Wasn't a deal after that.

My understanding is anything over $60 and you get hit with more fees.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The sender needs to get their customs declaration right then, also depends on source origins for the commodities. You will be responsible for duties and tax, some NAFTA stuff might be exempt. the problem is ups collects the duty and tax, the post service leaves that up to the receiver to take care of it, which no one does.

Down side is usps is slow, weight limit, poor tracking, poor liability coverage and their delivery is more complicated since most carriers won't leave the package unless it fits in the mail box meaning the customer has to pick it up.

Can you get a few people together for group buy? Freight isn't horrible for a few hundred pounds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will never have anything shipped UPS again from bad experiences in the past. I was just looking for availability, not necessarily the best price. I just wasn't able to find anyone around that sells either decent ramps like the Yutrax or anyone that could give me decent information on plow set ups I could use on a 570. Plug and play with no drilling etc, for a plow.
BTW, There is one major parts distributor that advertises that they have the Yutrax ramps in stock. Anyway, when you call them they still tell you they have them in stock. Then you drive in there and they tell you they don't have them in stock and will not be getting any more. Brutal!
I just find it difficult to get any good information on basic products available in Ontario, and im not referring to performance mods.
I even had two Polaris dealers never get back to me when I asked what plows they had available and prices.I Guess their margins must be great on ATV and sled sales!

·
Registered
862 Posts
They don't make that much on the atvs, someone just sucks at their job. How far in to Ontario are you? Is it feasible to run state side? I have more Canadians in town then Americans on the weekends because no one declares anything and gets it tax free lol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow, you are having a rough time:) I have 3 Polaris dealers within a 1 hour drive and they have all provided prompt, reliable service on any information requests or parts I have requested. Check out some other types of dealers in your area. I've had luck as stated with a local motorcycle shop. They only sell KTM dirt bikes, but were more than willing to sell me anything from snow plows to tires. Everything I've ordered from them was ready for pickup withing a week. And how about farm equipment suppliers such as John Deere who have atv's in their line up. Maybe they can help you out wit after market stuff.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Another Canadian here that will never ship ups. Brokerage fees they charge after the fact are a joke. I have no problem paying duty n taxes to usps/ canada post, but the straight brokerage charge of $xx is crap. Usps has been much faster for shipping aswell compared to the few ups only purchases I've had.

That being said, my local shop deals royal and they have been very competitive in $ compared to buying out of the states, with items in stock. Heck even my Polaris dealer was reasonable this summer when I had to replace my front storage container. Actually beat the us price after shipping,taxes and exchange were added up.

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Awesome link!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Check kijiji for dealers selling new plows, royal also has tent sales going twice a year and sometimes they have plows then, I would never do anything with UPS my sister ordered a tach for her boyfriend for Christmas thinking she was getting the best deal on the internet, turns out they wanted another $95 on top of that when they got to the door!!! she said never again...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking for the right winch for a 570 and a placethat sells winches and also some 26 inch bighorn tires. I CANT find anyone who sells them in ontario

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looking for the right winch for a 570 and a placethat sells winches and also some 26 inch bighorn tires. I CANT find anyone who sells them in ontario
I've had good success with my 2500# ProMax Pro winch from royal distributing bought during tent sale in spring for $149 OTD and also got a KFI winch bracket for I think $79/69? Also check out ATV tires Canada they gave me an awesome deal on my 28" MM, they price match from the U.S just remember to use an online converter to change USD to CAD find a better price and call them up!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts