Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of watching my lock & ride accessories fly off anytime I went through a rough field so I decided to create the Accessory Anchor. This works in any Polaris ATV(will not fit sxs) lock & ride hole provided it is a through hole. This accessory installs in under 1 minute and removes in seconds. Once installed, unlike lock & ride anchors, this anchor can not pull out. It allows you to bolt your accessories to your machine to keep them secured while allowing for fast and easy removal of accessories. This accessory also makes it easy to bolt on non polaris brand accessories or even your homemade accessories. Unlike the bolt and washer trick to secure accessories, this will not leave a threaded stud sticking up in your storage box to scar up your equipment & when your accessories are removed, you are left with a flush sleek look. Works great for rear seats!

If interested, you can find web links to purchase this product or see pictures / videos of it in use on my facebook page listed below.

Accessory Anchor - For Polaris Sportsman / Scrambler Lock & Ride System

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
Guys and gals, I purchased a set of these last week to secure my rear box on the back of my 850 SP and let me tell you they are the real deal. That box ain’t coming off on the trail, it ain’t coming off when on the trailer going down the road, and nobody’s going to grab and run with your rear box when you’re parked overnight at a hotel on a multi-day ATV trip. These things are awesome I definitely recommend them.

Reactions: Sprotsman

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
WOW that is slick!!!! Looks good too!!!!

Reactions: FPD218

·
Registered
270 Posts
Those look awesome! But dang, between shipping and exchange they work out to over $40 each for us Canucks!!!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Guys and gals, I purchased a set of these to secure my rear box on the back of my 850 SP and let me tell you they are the real deal. That box ain’t coming off on the trail, it ain’t coming off when on the trailer going down the road, and nobody’s going to grab and run with your rear box when you’re parked overnight at a hotel on a multi-day ATV trip. These things are awesome I definitely recommend them.
Where did you buy? I see them on ebay 4 @ $55.00.

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
He posted a link right above his picture on where to buy them.

I know I paid $318 for my rear box alone and at times I may have my GPS and other valuable items stored in it, to me the cost of the anchors well outweigh somebody either stealing the box or having it fall off going down the road loaded with items when trailering.

Just remember they only work on the lock and ride holes that are open on the bottom. They will not work on the front lid of my 19 850 SP as those holes are closed on the bottom so no water goes into your storage box.

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
You did good, the Facebook link just gives you the link to eBay exact same spot to go to purchase.

Reactions: Sprotsman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those look awesome! But dang, between shipping and exchange they work out to over $40 each for us Canucks!!!
I've sold to about 8 different people in canada in the last week, a single one would be expensive but when they buy 8 packs + roughly $20 shipping it cheapens out a little to over $16 each

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Accessory Anchor is there any need to use a medium grade Loctite when installing the 2 halves together?

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
I actually went the other way and used Never-Seize....

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Ok just installed one hand tight with screwdriver, top half is tight to bottom half and now unit flops around in Lock’N’Ride hole! This can’t be right, if it is then it’s no good 🙁 ! Just started it up and Anchor makes really loud obnoxious rattling noise as it bounces around in hole. Guess I’ll have to return.

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
Yeah I can see that too. How long you had them? And never loosened I’m guessing right?
Just installed them last weekend, have not been out of the garage yet. Big test will be HMT week of July 26th

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
Ok just installed one hand tight with screwdriver, top half is tight to bottom half and now unit flops around in Lock’N’Ride hole! This can’t be right, if it is then it’s no good 🙁 ! Just started it up and Anchor makes really loud obnoxious rattling noise as it bounces around in hole. Guess I’ll have to return.
They secured down tight for me??? I have them on the rear rack of my 19 850SP

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I wonder if plastic is thicker on 850? It must be if it tightened to your plastic. Very loud too when running! In description he says he designed it to an 850, but it also says it will fit any Lock’N’Ride. Oh well, new company growing pains I guess:sneaky:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts