Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
8,547 Posts
sprotsman, not sure whats going on. Mine tightened down and still have a small gap between the top and bottom piece. Very secure.....

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
I contacted him, haven’t heard yet. Sportsman 570 rear deck specs-180 lbs. Sportsman 850 specs-240 lbs. It has to be thicker plastic. It comes close to tightening but loose enough that it free spins and a little up and down play. I’m sure we’ll get it straightened out.

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
Let me know....

·
13,175 Posts
I contacted him, haven’t heard yet. Sportsman 570 rear deck specs-180 lbs. Sportsman 850 specs-240 lbs. It has to be thicker plastic. It comes close to tightening but loose enough that it free spins and a little up and down play. I’m sure we’ll get it straightened out.
How about a washer under the bottom part Sprotsman?
Post a pic of what they look like not installed.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
It would probably take 2 washers and very small diameter ones. They would have to allow 3/8” bolt to pass through, but then small enough to not block the 2 other bolts. I know what your saying but in my experience tightened bolts that aren’t spaced by washers evenly all around bolt is not a good idea. I mean I paid $65.00 for something I shouldn’t have to micky mouse. Not to mention I just bought 4 3/8” eyebolts too. It has to be thicker plastic on 850’s.
Fastener Screw Auto part Titanium Hardware accessory

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
How about a washer under the bottom part Sprotsman?
Post a pic of what they look like not installed.
Was thinking about that last night. It’s already too tall, meaning when tight, it’s loose to hole. If I added a washer in between the 2 halves it would make it worse. I think it would make top half sit above the deck even more!:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
Awesome, what are you doing with the old ones???

·
13,175 Posts
Thanks for the pic. I couldn't get my mind around how the bottom piece was made. I was just trying to think of a simple way to make them tighten up. I agree that the plastic must be thicker on the 850
Was thinking about that last night. It’s already too tall, meaning when tight, it’s loose to hole. If I added a washer in between the 2 halves it would make it worse. I think it would make top half sit above the deck even more!:eek:
Good to hear he fixed you up.
That's why I wanted a pic. I was imagining a straight rim around the bottom piece instead of the bevel. I was envisioning a large washer around the perimeter rim of the bottom part to shim it out to tighten the whole thing down. After I saw your pic I could see that wasn't workable.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Tyler said to keep. He’s been through this with a few others apparently. There’s nothing on site to distinguish between them, just says will fit all L’N’R. For his sake I hope he fixes that.

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
I may be looking for 2 more....

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Tyler said to keep. He’s been through this with a few others apparently. There’s nothing on site to distinguish between them, just says will fit all L’N’R. For his sake I hope he fixes that.
The first batch I made was designed off my 2016 850 not knowing the 570's had about a 1/16" shallower hole. Unfortunately 200 got out the door that way before the problem was caught. All parts have been reworked and the new batches have been redesigned. The new anchors should now with any lock & ride holes for polaris ATV's. Anyone that has contacted me with this problem has been taken care of and sent new anchors at no cost.

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
You will not be disapointed with Accessory Anchors. I love mine.

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
Material property Rim Automotive tire Auto part Carbon

·
Premium Member
2021 Sportsman XP1000S
1,792 Posts
Orange anodized by chance ?

please say they have orange or black anodized ..,

J/k