Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I plug anything up to the accy plug and just idle its fine but If I give it gas it blows the fuse. Does that sound like a short or something else? Im not that great with wireing so any help would Help out alot!! Its a 2013 850xp

·
Registered
862 Posts
What are you plugging in? Have you checked the voltage at the plug, could be a faulty voltage regulator. At idle the current out put is limited, but as engine speed increases the stator produces more current.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What are you plugging in? Have you checked the voltage at the plug, could be a faulty voltage regulator. At idle the current out put is limited, but as engine speed increases the stator produces more current.
^ X2 sounds like voltage spiking causing fuse to blow. Put a volt meter on it and see what you got

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plugging in a radio tube. Ill try to test the plug tomorrow. What should it read?

My S3 addiction!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Should be around 12-13v idling and no more than about 14.5v reved up. If you regulator goes bad it can cause it to barely charge ( like mine did ) at a steady 12v , or it can cause it to over charge upwards of 17v or so

·
Registered
117 Posts
What size fuse is it? If its a low (5amp) and everything else is higher (25amp) then it might just be the first one blowing

·
Registered
117 Posts
If your voltage checks out it may just be a short in your wire that vibrates over to a ground when you rev it up

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Figured it out guys thxs!! It was the spare accy wire pinched in the top of the shock mount!!

My S3 addiction!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts