Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used 2015 Ace 570 end of last year rode it a few times in the yard this winter. Got it out today to ride around and it stalls out at around 12-15 mph every time. The check engine light comes on the machine shuts down. No flashing codes on the check engine light just a steady light on. I shut it off and turn it back on and it's fine no engine light runs fine back to 15 mph and stalls out. I know theres a seatbelt sensor I tried with it clicked in and out same issue both times. Is that sensor messed up or corroded and where is it located. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Sounds like a fuel issue - check the fuel pressure and get ready to install a new fuel pump

·
Registered
71 Posts
They sell a plug to over ride the seat belt buckle sensor. Maybe it, or a jumper like it would trouble shoot the buckle itself. Thinking the plug is behind the seat engine cover, lower right.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hard to imagine the coincidence of the engine dying at same mph as the seat belt limiter. Could the limiter ECM function not be resetting and killing the engine either by retard or shutting down the fuel pump? Seems like if was just a bad fuel pump you could kill it before repeatable mph under heavy acceleration, but if it engine dies only at certain mph regardless of throttle/fuel flow, then I’m still suspicious about the ECM limiter function not resetting. But just thinking out loud. Kinda odd, but with current computers and codes, who knows.

Just read an similar post on check engine light and stalling which OP refers to dealer finding a clutch issue. “primary clutch has a groove in it down at the bottom which is causing the belt to slip at low speeds. All codes were for engine misfire. Apparently the groove is from extended use in high gear at low speeds which I did a lot of when I first bought it because I didn’t know better.”

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my 2019 Ace I think there is a seatbelt light on the dash. If you have that and it is goes off when you plug in the belt, I'd assume the sealtbelt sensor is working. Yours is a 2015 so I'm not sure if you have that light or not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts