Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from a week long ride at the West Virginia Hatfield and McCoy trails. The first day my ADC performed just fine going down some steep hills. After the ride I took my 2013 850 to a local spray wash to get the mud off. The next day the ADC did not work at all. The 4 wheel drive performed fine, just not the ADC. Obviously I got water in it somewhere, but not in the switch. Now back home the machine had some time to dry out, especially on the 650 mile trailer ride. The ADC now works. Anybody else have this problem, and if so what should I be looking into. Thanks Mike.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
sounds like you need the grease everything. water was obviously causing a short somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
7,092 Posts
Lucky for you. Usually when it gets wet or damp, the ADC will engage and not disengage regardless of the position of the switch. I think I have mentioned a time or two on this forum how much I dislike ADC and wish it were an optional item, not mandatory. :) Not everyone wants or needs it, and it seems to be problematic on many machines.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I had a similar issue when I powerwashed my machine for the first time.

It left me stranded. I pulled off the side covers, greased EVERY connection on the machine, and have not had a problem since!

·
Registered
343 Posts
The manual states not to pressure wash these machines.
Good old garden hose, brush and arm power.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My adc acted up after washing.I found the problem to be water getting in around the switch.Sprayed some silicone spray in around the button and seemed to solve the issue.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I removed the switch cover and did not see any moisture, possible it entered behind the yellow slide button. I will check it out, thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts