Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I change my front diff fluid at 25 hours.

What is the most overkill interval someone has changed their ADC fluid? I see manual states every 2 years.

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
867 Posts
I changed mine at 25 hours and at 100 hours on my 800 I'd do every 100 hours at least depends on how much you use the awd I guess but to much never hurts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you just using the standard front diff Demand Drive fluid for ADC?

PN: 2877922

or other 3rd party fluid?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Based on the one I just tore down today with 39 hours and 900 miles, it still wasn't due by the book. Came out looking like black paint. Took 15 changes- one of which I filled it with diesel fuel to clean it- to get semi-clear fluid to drain out of it. 25 hours is probably not often enough! I'm thinking more like 10.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh ok... I imagine it would take many years for that ADC fluid to turn black under normal conditions.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
This is on a 2011 with 900 miles and 39-40 hours on it. Technically it still isn't due for it's first fluid changes (other than oil) for another 60 hours. I think by then there would be some very severe damage in lots of places.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ADC is the only thing I haven't changed. IMO most important to keep up on is oil/filter and the front diff.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I don't think the ADC gets dirty fast, but the front diff sure does. It only holds about 7oz and takes about 5 min to change. For on $11 bottle you can do it 4 times easy.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is what I mainly use my dashboard service indicator for and have it set for 25 hours. It is easy to change on both my 700 & 550 and potentially a small price to pay for an expensive or lengthy repair if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I changed mine at 50 hrs and they all looked clean, no discoloration on any fluids. Then again I almost never use my adc. I'm not sure where polaris comes up with there averages on usage schedule. So if you use it allot, then id change it more often. It's not hard and could save you a weekend project.

It's just a thang

1 - 12 of 12 Posts