Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - wondering if you've experienced this...
I just bought a 500 EFI Touring and my brother has a Can Am 650. There's a steep hill where we ride and when I went down in 4x4 the engine was preventing me from going fast but I sort of just slid down the hill almost as if I were on snow. --- When my brother went down on his Can Am the ADC worked as we'd imagined it should. The wheels turned slowly and he never slid, just a controlled ride down the hill. Being new to the Polaris I realized I hadn't had it in ADC4x4 so I put it in and back down the hill and it did the same thing... a slow slide with my steering into the fish tail down the hill.
What's up with that?? Is it because the Polaris weighs 100 pounds more than the Outty or am I doing something wrong? I had it in Low, ADC 4x4 and I never touched the throttle or the brake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CC1999 explained the reason why the Can Am handled the downhill ride better. Thank You.
CC, the private message replies are confusing, did you see my post about the other differences I've noticed between Polaris and Can Am?

·
Registered
126 Posts
The hold back of the polaris in ADC low is more agressive than the outy in low.
With that said I think a lot has top do with the tires ability to grip.
I fine that the engine braking of the Can-am is better at higher speeds over 15mph.
Polaris ADC will not work unless your speed is below 15 mph.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts