Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 550 x2 tried to engauge adc (active decent control ) makes popping sound when in motion like its not fully engauged anyone else had this happen or just me ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Like when its going down a steep hill? or just when you are on a straight a way and let off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jonathon for quick reply, level ground under slight accelleration or letting off

·
Registered
66 Posts
No prob...You got me on that one....Maybe someone will chime in shortly

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Change the Demand Drive (front diff.) fluid and bleed the ADC system. It uses Polaris Demand Drive Plus fluid in both. May need to change the fluid a couple of times to get it flushed out good. Only need to bleed it once, and honestly, I've never really seen bleeding make a difference. Just a step you need to take to cover everything. Dirty fluid is the most common cause for adc issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks but this thing only has 15 hrs on it do you think dirty fluid would happen that fast its never seen water or mud yet

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what I plan to do this afternoon , hay Polman I see your from s\e Kentucky know where Ashcamp is go there just about every year

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
I believe they recommend changing it every 20 or 25 hours now. If you run with the ADC on all the time, or use it a lot, the fluid could be dirty. Water and mud have nothing to do with it. It's all internal. The first time I had that problem with the wifes 500, I changed the fluid once. It still had the same noise and grabbiness so I took it to the dealer. They changed the fluid again. Problem solved. Very sensitive to dirty fluid. Hopefully that is all it is with yours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts