Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman 570 Utility and 2001 Sportsman 500
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I was wondering how much of an effect a new set of tires weighing 11lbs more each (44lbs Total) will effect the bottom end throttle on a 2021 Sportsman 570? I know its's on the smaller side engine wise so didn't know if an additional 44lbs on the tires would have a very minimal or large effect on acceleration/midrange. Thank you

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman 570 Utility and 2001 Sportsman 500
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll feel it. You can compensate for it somewhat with a clutch kit if you think you really need to win that race against your buddies.
Thank you for the reply. I have a Dalton clutch kit, but did not see much of a difference after adding it. I got ITP Blackwater Evolution 26's and they are about 44lbs heavier than the stock tires. Never had the clutch kit installed with the stock lighter tires. I was thinking about getting some Maxxis Zilla's which are about 50lbs lighter than the Blackwater EVO's just to see if there is a big noticeable difference. I have a 2nd set of wheels so a 2nd tire set would be easy to swap back and forth. It had me thinking that the Blackwater EVO's just might be too heavy for a 570 and would probably be better on a 850 or 1000. And when I say "Too Heavy" for a 570, I mean too heavy to get that strong bottom end, midrange and back shifting like a clutch kit should provide

1 - 3 of 3 Posts