Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 800 touring and want to add the aftermarket SuperAtv power steering. Those guys are telling me that the gas tank wraps around the steering column on my model and that if I want to put thier EZ Steer on that I will have to modify my gas tank to make room for thier unit. Has anyone put the EZ Steer on any of your Sportsman? Are they any good? what do you think about me adding this to my machine?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Was thinking about doing it myself, once I get the extra $$$.
How would you modify the gas tank though. Or would you just have to modify a new way to strap the tank down? And oh, from my understanding the EZ Steer units are supposed to be very good.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I would search more about the easy steer. I've read very mixed reviews

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
I've an EZ-Steer unit in my 2010 550Xp for nearly a year now. No issues, works great. Super ATV is a stand up company. Follow the instructions - they are not difficult, just time consuming.
What kind of modification do you have to make to the fuel tank, and why?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can scroll down to the vendor section and click on the Super ATV site. There are like 20 pages you can read about their power steering units from forum members. I don't know if it will help or confuse you but it is interesting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Superatv is telling me that there is no room on my model due to the gas tank wrapping around the steering column. I just checked their website and there is still no listing for my 2009 800 touring but they are listing a kit for a 2009 800 H.O. What is the difference in gas tank configurations between the two?

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
850 Posts
I donno if this helps I think the 2010 and up 800s have a smaller fuel tank ? Maybe it goes past each side of the steering stem vs stops just before the stem ? I would love power steering on my 800 but have heard of mixed reviews but a few have got updated mounts or parts from super atv ?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
X2 have a 7 gal tank as opposed to reg 800s small 4 gal.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts