Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 sportsman 500 I bought used with not a whole lot of info from previous owner about mods done. It has a muzzy slip on and after a lot of research I have figured out it has a heel clicker clutch kit in it. I also have 28" outlaws. No real high speed trail riding, mainly built and used for mudding. My question is for maximum low end how should my adjustable weights be set. It only came with the small 2.5 gram screws in the weights. I think I have figured out that the lighter the weights the longer it will stay towards the lower end of the gear for a longer time, is that correct? So which hole should the screw-in weights be in, the base (closest to pivot point) the middle or the tip? Of and it has the orange primary spring as well.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
There's a lot more to it than just adding or subtracting weight. What's not right about it now? Does it over rev at any speed or throttle position, does it bog down anywhere? Need a lot of info to help you tune it in. The profiler of the weights has a lot to do with their performance as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts