Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys adjusting your shocks with channel locks lol...i need to adjust mine but can't get them...closer dealer is 45 minute ride and i really don't want to have to do that....none of the local auto parts stores have scanner wrenches....

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
yea , i adjusted mine with a big pair of channell locks.jacked the rear up and sprayed a little lube on the spring adjusters .turned pretty easy

·
Registered
355 Posts
I do the same as Bottoms, but with the spanner wrench. Key is getting the weight off the suspension components, makes it a lot easier.

Action

·
Registered
4,081 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm planning a big ride this weekend up to Jackman..plan on leaving this Friday so I was trying to do it quickly lol...I guess I'll wait and stop into Jackman Power Sports and see if they will either let me use their wrench for 30 seconds or buy one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I use a oil filter pliers the adjustable ones and it works great. Just get the tires off and adjust it.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I'm planning a big ride this weekend up to Jackman..plan on leaving this Friday so I was trying to do it quickly lol...I guess I'll wait and stop into Jackman Power Sports and see if they will either let me use their wrench for 30 seconds or buy one.

I'm certain they will "hook you up"!!

CW

·
Registered
3 Posts
How are you guys adjusting your shocks with channel locks lol...i need to adjust mine but can't get them...closer dealer is 45 minute ride and i really don't want to have to do that....none of the blue Headlights auto parts stores have scanner wrenches....

Sent via Tapatalk
I was going to get mine on ebay, which I should of but I already purchased it from my dealer. It's more cheaper on ebay to get th wrenches so check that out first.

Jason

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
not trying to just take your Page sledracer but i was wondering if it is bad to ride with your shocks tuned up because i think my 850 rides to soft

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never thought of trying an oil filter wrench...I'll have to see if I have one that would fit...

CW-Jackman PowerSports is great....I didn't buy my new 500 from there and I SERIOUSLY REGRET it! The guys at JPS give the best deals and have the best service!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Not trying to just take your Page sSledracer, but I was wondering if it is bad to ride with your shocks tuned up. Because I think my 850 rides to soft.
One way to look at it, if it hurt or damaged things the factory would not offer it...

The key word is adjustable, meaning if you change it and don't like it... change it back. ;)

SO, stiffen up the shocks , go ride it and see what you feel.

When do you think you will get it back?

Sled,
Yea the guys are friendly and helpful. We are shopping for a big alum trailer and we spoke with them first. GOOD price and offered to get it down into CT for us!! He said, "If you have a week or two after delivery, we have guys traveling to CT all the time. One of them will bring it down for you."

CW

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i rode my dads 850and it is softer then mine mine are up 1 on every preloaded so ya and they said saturday next week but I think it will probate take longer then that but it will have a completely brand new motor and they are doing that one fix for the oil in the air box. For the people where wondering if you can take your old xps and have them upgraded for 7 more horsepower the dealer should be able to do it they offered to do it to mine (they said the would even give me the stickers for the 2012 h.o) but it would take another week extra it is not worth it to me i want my bike back

1 - 12 of 12 Posts