Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my radiator far with an after market unit from DB electrical.

What are the advantags or disadvantages to wiring it so that it is always on with the ignition vs the normal operation?

I had some overheating issues and the waterpump has been leaking, so getting all that fixed and a new fan.

I really am not sure which way to go. :nixweiss:

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I would also think you would burn more fuel. that is typical in regular cars and trucks, not sure about the ATV, but would imagine so.

·
Super Moderator
7,059 Posts
Really no advantage to having it on all the time. When operating normally it keeps the engine where it needs to be temperature wise, so running the fan more than that gains you nothing. There is a temperature range all engines need to operate in to be their most efficient, so trying to run below that could actually hurt the performance.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Really no advantage to having it on all the time. When operating normally it keeps the engine where it needs to be temperature wise, so running the fan more than that gains you nothing. There is a temperature range all engines need to operate in to be their most efficient, so trying to run below that could actually hurt the performance.
Agree 100%!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great insight guys, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts